Welcome to the Showdown Breakdown! Today features the Detriot Red Wings and Winnipeg Jets in Winnipeg.
If you are a fan of niche sports, NHL Showdown is a market you need to start investing in! The fields are massively SOFT and at FSi, we have found a sharp edge in constructing our lineups with using the scoring differences in comparison to the classic slates. If you want access to our CORE PLAYS for EVERY SHOWDOWN SLATE and live chat with me, click https://fsidfs.com/price-page/ to join for as little as $3 a day or $10 a week!
Today, I will break down some of my favorite plays in a FREE article for all of you! Come check out our core plays for EVERY slate in our discord channel by signing up for our NHL SD Membership.
Winnipeg -245 with an Over/Under of 6.5
The first question I am always asked and that I ask myself is “What to do with goalie on a showdown slate?”
Simple Answer……. There isn’t one.
When deciding whether or not to play a goalie is very much dependent on A. Price B. Matchup and C. Save Prediction. With saves being worth 0.4 points, it is certainly viable to target them on a showdown slate when they can easily eclipse 10 fantasy points with a 30 save performance. The problem is when they are as expensive as elite skaters, but run the risk of getting you WAY less than 10 and having ZERO upside.
Laurent Brossoit ($9,400)
SAVE PREDICTION – 28.98
Jimmy Howard ($7,700) – Projected Starter
SAVE PREDICTION – 30.98
Not super thrilled about either goalie with their prices, I would have considered Howard as a punt for Detroit if he was $1k cheaper.
TOP PRICED OPTIONS (No order of preference)
– Mark Scheifele ($12,100) – Cash (Stackable Option)
– Dylan Larkin ($11,600) – Best player, bad team… still produces
– Blake Wheeler ($11,300) – Cash (Stackable Option)
– Patrik Laine ($10,600) – GPP (Correlates on PP, but not even strength with Wheeler & Scheifele)
– Andreas Athanasiou ($9,300) – Solid shot volume floor, but currently on L3 and overpriced here.
– Kyle Connor ($9,000) – Cheapest forward access to the top line and top power play unit. Usage spike over the last few games as he moved up to the top line for Ehlers and is seeing around 20 minutes of ice time a game.
After almost a week of struggles for the Jets, they have gotten back on the scoring side of things over the last three games. In this home matchup against the Red Wings, a Jets stack will be very popular.
Any of these top priced Jet’s can be considered elite options in this matchup. I would just try to correlate as much as possible.
MID PRICED OPTIONS (No order of preference)
– Gustav Nyquist ($8,500)
– Jacob Trouba ($8,200) – Massive ice time with no Byfu – 2nd PP (Solid cash option)
– Josh Morrissey ($8,000) – Massive ice time with no Byfu – 2nd PP (Solid cash option) – 1st Power Play Unit
– Anthony Mantha ($7,300) – Recently back from an injury, decent player for the price, but I wish he was skating on L1
– Bryan Little ($7,000) – Low floor player, but has upside as he correlates with Laine on even strength. He needs goals/assists to produce.. Lacks peripherals.
Strongly consider Trouba or Morrissey as cash plays, the rest seems more GPPish.
LOW PRICED OPTIONS (No order of preference)
– Frans Nielsen ($6,700) – Overpriced
– Adam Lowry ($6,400) – Pass
– Tyler Myers ($6,100) – Most likely out tonight
– Luke Glendening ($5,900) – L3 – volatile play
– Brandon Tanev ($5,500) – L3 – This line has been producing goals lately, which makes him viable, but the floor is less than 5 points.
– Filip Hronek ($5,400) – Active defenseman with an increased role due to Mike Green injury – decent one-off, but wish he was cheaper.
– Tyler Bertuzzi ($5,300) – L1, but has done nothing with it. Tread lightly here.
– Nick Jensen ($4,400) – High minutes, will get you 3-6 DK points, viable punt option here.
– Niklas Kronwall ($4,200) – High minutes, will get you 3-6 DK points, viable punt option here.
– Anyone below this range is always viable as a super punt as long as they are dressed and playing if you really need the salary.
The author of this article may play in Daily Fantasy Contests using these picks and picks not mentioned in this article. It is also possible the author may change opinion on some of the picks listed based on new information not available during writing. These are recommendations meant to assist, but are not guarantees. If you have any questions, please click HERE